Cottage bathroom renevation

Project by Wallclimber posted 05-11-2008 11:12 PM 2767 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch

This cottage was flooded a month ago. Causing damage to many different areas of the structure. But this gave the clients the opportunity to redo the bathroom. We removed the 32X32 shower and installed a 34X60 w/ seats. The walls had FRP paneling already installed, that the client wanted to remain. Plus the new closet areas had to also have this paneling. Instead of removing all the drywall, we just cut out the area for the shower and installed a new faucet and the installed the shower into the opening. Then we installed PVC exterior trim around the shower and caulked. In the closet we installed adjustable shelving on a track system. The door is only 18” this was a custom built jam from poplar. And we used one side from a bi-fold door. And we installed new flooring with rubber base for easy cleanup.

-- Adams Construction, www.adamsconstructionllc.com

View Wallclimber's profile


3 posts in 4825 days

Project tags/keywords

bathroom storage

Embed This Project

HomeRefurbers Code



Preview this project card

3 comments so far

View MRTRIM's profile


743 posts in 4864 days

posted 05-12-2008 11:26 AM

looks like a job well done A C .

View ZachM's profile


4 posts in 4862 days

posted 05-12-2008 10:47 PM

Looks good. I like the idea of using half a bi-fold door.
What is FRP?

View Wallclimber's profile


3 posts in 4825 days

posted 05-13-2008 12:26 AM

Thanks, Yah the bi-fold door was the only prebuilt door I could find to work.
And about the FRP paneling it stands for Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic. Its used alot in commercial applications, for bathrooms and kitchen areas – cleans up great. Goes over drywall (so no need to finish the drywall), you have to use an FRP adhesive usualy comes in a 4-5 gal size and you trowel it on, some versions you can cut with a utility knife, other version the thicker kind (usualy $30 a sheet) you have to break out the circular saw. They come in smooth or emossed finish. You finish the pcs by using OS or IS trim pcs, end caps, or a transition the but joint two panels together. You can usualy find them in Lowe’s or Home Depot in the paneling area.

-- Adams Construction, www.adamsconstructionllc.com

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: All views and comments posted by members are not necessarily those of HomeRefurbers.com or of those working on the site.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

LumberJocks.com :: woodworking showcase