Where to find barn sashes

« back to Exterior Home Improvement forum

Topic by rlrobinhood posted 07-23-2012 03:02 AM 12901 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View rlrobinhood's profile


1 post in 3723 days

07-23-2012 03:02 AM

Hi all,

This is my first post on this website, but frequent a sister site a lot (Lumberjocks). Anyways, I’m getting ready to paint some old barns on my property. All the old wooden barn sash windows are in too horrible shape to bring back. So, I’m in need of a vendor to purchase new sashes from.

Ideally, I’d like tofind some sort of composite or PVC material so I never have to paint them again. They need to be divided lights, single pane, etc. and be able to be ordered in custom sizes.

The only source I’ve been able to findis these (sash link). But, they don’t come in custom sizes.

Does anyone have any ideas for me? I’d sure appreciate it. Thanks.

View GaryL's profile


206 posts in 4321 days

07-24-2012 02:05 AM

To the best of my knowledge most true divided lites (TDL) will be wood. I’ve never seen or heard of any vinyl or composite windows with TDL’s until looking at your link. Most are an overlay grill/muntin or between the glass grills.
Sorry I could not be of any help.

-- The difference between a pro and an amateur, an amateur points out his mistakes

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: All views and comments posted by members are not necessarily those of HomeRefurbers.com or of those working on the site.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

LumberJocks.com :: woodworking showcase